Year of issue: 1923
Issued by: “Pals” (E. Hulton & Co. Ltd.)
Trade reference number(s): PAL-300 / PAL-4
Number of cards in set: 30 (24 football)
Size: M (picture approx. 49mm x 82mm)
Approximate value (per card): Murrays unlisted; FCCM £9.00
Another set of cards issued as pairs but nowadays more usually found cut down to ‘singles’. Complete pair cards will cost around double the price quoted above. There is also a typographical error in the English League Team card as can be seen below. As this was issued in April 1923 I can only presume that it was one of the last sets of free gifts before the paper was subsumed by Boys’ Magazine in September of that year. I only know dates of issue for two of these cards so I have listed them first.
NB The Birmingham/Falkirk card is a composite made up of images found on the internet.
- Arsenal F.C. & Glasgow Celtic F.C. – Vol. 1 #27 dated 9th April 1923
- Birmingham F.C. & Falkirk F.C. – Vol. 1 #29 dated 23rd April 1923
- Sunderland F.C. & Portsmouth F.C.
- Preston North End F.C. & English Leargue (sic) Football Team
- Charlton Athletic & Hull N.U.F.C.
- Manchester City F.C. & Dundee F.C.
- Derby County F.C. & Bolton Wanderers F.C.
- Wigan N.U.F.C. & West Ham United F.C.
- Steve Donoghue on Mr. Marshall Field’s Golden Corn & Welsh International Football Team
- Huddersfield Town F.C. & Fulham F.C.
- Oldham N.U.F.C. & Southampton F.C.
- Scottish International Team & Blackpool F.C.
- Sheffield United F.C. & Aberdeen F.C.
- F.S. Fox on Major H. Cayzer’s Poisoned Arrow & Barnsley F.C.
- B. Carslake on Mr. ‘Solly’ Joel’s Polyhistor & Leicester City F.C.